Monday, January 4, 2010

A Smile...

In a day, do we even realize how much we DON'T smile?
It is something that I rarely do when surrounded by professional colleagues, or anytime for that matter. Today, I made it a point to bring my ever so fragile, and vulnerable humanity to the surface. I tried ever so much to smile as much as I could throughout my day. So many people, at work today, just looked at me weird; almost as if to say "ok, what's going on? You're smiling. You NEVER smile." It was a pleasant change of pace.


Yes, a very small change to enrich my life in a day to day aspect, but it gave me a change in feeling today. I do feel as if I am better for it. I guess a baby step is still a step, nonetheless.

A smile is only as powerful as the thought behind it. Bring the sunshine into the room with you. Be a change to the Humdrum, droll. Smile a little today. Even a little smile, is a little more than you had before.
Enjoy the piece-

Smile... by Kuresa M. Tupua 1/4/2010

The room lights up, tho dim in the pearl.
The eyes full of life, like a flag wind furled.
Dancing in the whisper, happiness breathes of it.
Sunshine in the vocals, as a laugh escapes with it.
A smile, the song in the mind that has no words.
The lyrics to which have no written chords.
It's as individual as the person that wears it.
Yet, warmer than a winter coat of bear skin.
Nerve calming, dream tempting; all in all, just plain good.
Tension easing, love imparting; and to the broken heart, food.
Don't wonder why you must; instead Wonder why you haven't.
Sunshine is contagious and my friend,Do you have it?

Thanks for reading. Hope it brightened your day. My smile to you.

3 comments:

  1. hey! I chose something to do and stuck to it too! It does wonders, I think, to purposefully choose something to better yourself, no matter how small. I'm happy for you!
    Lika

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's mine
    http://beautyandinspirationblog.blogspot.com/
    alofa atu

    ReplyDelete